Chemdur is a two pack, chemical resistant paint suitable for floors and walls available in a gloss, silk or matt finish. It offers excellent protection from a wide range of chemicals.
Chemdur is an aliphatic solvent-based UV stable polyurethane coating. The cured coating has excellent abrasion and chemical resistance and exhibits excellent weathering properties. The coating is particularly effective against Skydrol and has been used extensively in the aviation industry for hangar floors and walls.
Concrete, Render, Brick, Plasterboard, Steel and Aluminium.
NB: For plasterboards, one generous coat of Strongcoat V is required.
Benefits & Features
- Excellent adhesion
- Hygienic sterile finish
- Highly chemical resistant
- An economical floor and wall coating;
- 100% UV stable and will not change colour over time;
- Suitable for outdoor use;
- Barrier against heavy rain
- Protects against graffiti and damage caused by the removal of graffiti (gloss version only);
- Protects Chemical resistant including Skydrol;
- Protects aluminum and steel from corrosion;
- Ideal for outdoor line marking and demarcation;
- Can be used as a chemical resistant top coat in decorative flake systems;
- Can be used as a top coat on epoxy flooring to prevent colour change.
- Complies with F.D.A regulations for food process machinery in that they do not yellow or support bacterial growth.
Where a hard wearing, chemical resistant, floor or wall surface is required.
Surfaces to be treated must be sound free from oil or other contaminants, flaky paints, laitance and dust. Smooth and dense surfaces must be mechanically abraded to provide a key and all dust
Usage: Indoor or Outdoor
Resistant to: A wide range of acids and other chemicals.
Coverage: ~30 square metres per 5kg (one coat).
Coats Required: Two coats are usually required
Drying Time: Normally 16 hours at 20oc for foot traffic
Cleaning: Hot water and detergents.
Primer: Not required.
Chemdur (Coloured) Technical Data Sheet & Colour Chart